For many it feels like the coronavirus lockdown happened over night.
Now weeks have passed and for many, grocery stores are the only place they are able to go to since the shelter-in-place order went into effect. As coronavirus cases go up in Kern many grocery store employees continue to work– the fear won’t leave many store employees.
Here is a list of 10 tips directly from one local grocery store worker:
1. Keep your distance, we don’t have a special power we can get coronavirus too.
2. Don’t get too close to the employee that is restocking or the cashier.
3. Try not to pay with cash, if it’s the only method you can use we understand.
4. Don’t be mean, we are scared too.
5. We wish we had everything you are looking for.
6. Keep your group size at a minimum, only bring whoever you have to.
7. Wear a mask, you don’t have to buy one you can make your own with a scarf or handkerchief. Yes, it might be uncomfortable for you. Imagine wearing it for eight hours.
8. Only go to the store of the essentials, not because you are bored at home. Try not to browse when you are there.
9. Take your gloves with you or throw them inside the trash.
10. Only touch what you are going to buy.
We are ALL in this together