The Kern County Public Health announced Wednesday morning new opportunities for COVID-19 testing within Kern County at the
1. Kern County Fairgrounds – 1142 S. P Street, Bakersfield CA.
2. Sagebrush Medical Plaza – 1111 Columbus Street, Bakersfield CA.
3. Clinica Sierra Vista – 2400 Wible Road, Suite 14, Bakersfield CA.
4. Clinica Sierra Vista – 815 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Bakersfield CA
5. Clinica Sierra Vista – 8787 Hall Road, Lamont CA.
6. Clinica Sierra Vista – 1305 Bear Mountain Blvd, Arvin CA.
“Coronavirus testing helps slow the spread of the disease by identifying infected individuals who can be isolated, as well as their close contacts,” Kern Public Health said in a news release. “This process disrupts the disease, slows the spread of the disease and preserves space in our acute care hospitals.”
Public Health is also urging residents to continue practicing healthy habits such as hand washing, physical distancing and wearing a face covering when in public.
There are eleven free County or State testing sites spread throughout Kern County. These services are available in both walk-in and drive-thru formats. To find locations and make an appointment, head to Kernpublichealth.com.
As of Tuesday, there were a total of 72,878 COVID-19 cases in Kern. Of this total, 20,841 people have recovered. Health officials did not announce any new COVID-19 deaths. There has been 518 COVID-19 deaths in Kern.