CAPK’s Head Start team has partnered with the Kern County Public Health Department to hold 12 vaccination clinics throughout the month of October.
CAPK said this will allow the organization to pursue a single mission: “get more people vaccinated and protected against the COVID-19 virus,” according to a newsletter.
The twelve vaccination clinics will be held at Head Start locations around Kern County.
These clinics are open to the community and give Head Start families, friends and the public in general a chance to get a convenient, free COVID-19 vaccination in their neighborhood.
Second vaccine shots will also be available in the same locations three weeks after the first.
The following vaccination clinics will be held on the following dates:
- Oct. 4 at the CAPK Main Office, 5005 Business Park North in Bakersfield, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Oct. 6 at Sterling Head Start, 3000 Sterling Road in Bakersfield, from 2-5 p.m.
- Oct. 7 at Angela Martinez Head Start, 4032 Jewett Ave. in Bakersfield, from 2-5 p.m.
- Oct. 8 at East California Head Start, 1990 E. California in Bakersfield, from 2-5 p.m.
- Oct. 12 at Rosamond Head Start, 2584 Felsite Ave. in Rosamond, from 2-4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 12 at Mojave Head Start, 1940 Inyo Street in Mojave, from 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Oct. 13 at Martha Morgan High School, 3811 River Blvd. in Bakersfield, from 2-5 p.m.
- Oct. 14 at Oasis, 814 Norma St. in Ridgecrest, from 2-4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 15 at San Diego Head Start, 10300 1/2 San Diego St. in Lamont, from 2-4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 18 at the Taft Head Start, 819 6th St. in Taft, from 2-4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 18 at the Taft College Head Start, 729 Ash Street in Taft, from 9:30 a.m. to noon
- Oct. 20 at Primeros Pasos Head Start, 1111 Bush Street in Arvin, from 2-4:30 p.m.