POSITION: Community Health Outreach Worker
LOCATION: Kern County and Tulare County, California
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The South Kern Sol youth media program was launched in 2011 to train young people living in South Kern County in media production skills and to provide a distribution outlet to share their stories with a wider audience. South Kern Sol has since expanded beyond covering South Kern to covering all of Kern County, which includes a community health reporting arm and a community health outreach and education arm.
THE POSITION: Local resident in the Kern and Tulare Counties in the role of non-exempt part-time staff Community Health Outreach Worker for the Kern Sol News program. The person who fills this position will report directly to the South Kern Sol Executive Director (ED) and will work collaboratively with the project outreach staff and program partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and secure community partners to help disseminate educational information about COVID-19 and other community resources..
- Plan, coordinate, and implement community outreach and education activities to educate community members about COVID-19 in targeted communities.
- Distribute masks, sanitizer and other promotional materials to community members.
- Track data related to education and outreach activities.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records and files on all outreach and education activities conducted.
- Maintain consistent and constant communication with the Project Coordinator regarding all pertinent COVID-19 activities assigned.
- Attend all scheduled meetings with the project team as needed.
- Identify and secure community partners to help disseminate information about COVID-19.
- Post regularly on social media platforms to promote upcoming events
- Assist leadership in identifying and addressing barriers residents face in accessing COVID-19 vaccination and resources.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities; execute outreach initiatives in the region.
- Other duties as required
- User knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, and /or other digital editing tools, such as Canva, is highly desired.
- Some adeptness at use of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) is required.
- Able to work on assignments independently and deliver quality work on time is required.
- Familiarity with and connection to communities in and around Kern County.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, Punjab, and Tagalog and other language fluencies are a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive within Kern County and California as needed is required.