Kern County officials announced Monday at a press conference it will open more free COVID-19 testing sites throughout Kern County this week.
Testing sites will open in Ridgecrest, Arvin, Delano, Kern River Valley, Oildale and Taft.
The County will release more information in the coming days; however, it shared Monday the locations of some of the testing sites:
- North of the River Veterans Hall in Oildale, 400 Norris Road.
- West Side Family Health Care, 100 E. North Street, Taft, CA 93268, drive-thru only. Appointments can be made by phone at (661) 765-1935 or online at www.wshcd.org. Hours of the testing site are Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3-7 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Delano Regional Medical Center, 1401A Garces Hwy, Delano, CA 93215
These sites will be in addition to the three sites operated by the state:
- 5th District Drive-Thru – 2101 Ridge Road/Mt Vernon Ave
- 5th District Drive-Thru Registration
- Drive-Thru Only
- Hours: Sunday – Friday 8-11 a.m. and Noon to 2 p.m.