On Monday, Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK) announced their partnership with the County of Kern – Employment Training Resource on a grant that is making sure small business owners are included in financial support that’s been offered the last two years.
This grant, titled the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, is geared towards small businesses with four or fewer employees, who were operational in 2019 and negatively impacted by COVID.
Businesses that made less than $50,000 are able to self-attest and can receive $2,500 once they have applied with the following required materials:
- Fillable PDF application
- Photocopy of a government-issued photo identification card
- Photocopy of at least one of the following:
- a local business permit or license
- a bank statement
- 2019 tax return
- a trade account
All required items must be turned into one of the participating partners. These partners include:
- Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK): email@example.com
- CSUB’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kern Economic Development Foundation: email@example.com
- Kern’s Women’s Business Center (KWBC): KWBCinfo@mcscorp.org
Funding for this program will be exhausted once all four partnering organizations have dispensed their allotted amount. Each organization has been given 100 applications.
Eligible nonprofit organizations and businesses with no ITIN are also able to apply.
Interested applications can email one of the four partnering organizations in order to receive an application.